ON-LINE ORDERS POLICY
Order processing begins within 24 to 48 hours. Allow ample notice for orders that are time-sensitive. If we are experiencing any difficulty with your order, including product shortages, we will notify you via email and/or telephone. Many of our products are imported, some with only one importer. This has the potential for long delays in receiving a particular product. We will contact you if this issue effects your order.
PAYMENT is taken at the time of ORDERING. A refund will be issued for any product shortage that may occur and for which there is no suitable or desired substitution. We will contact you via email and/or telephone should this occur.
SHIPPING: WE SHIP ONLY WITHIN THE USA
- Shipment of perishable items require that you select a shipping method that does not exceed 2 days in transit. Refunds or credits will not be issued for spoilage if this policy is disregarded. All shipping originates from our facility near Washington, D.C. You may need to select Next Day or 2nd Day Air service. Any order received that contains perishable items will be shipped via your selected shipping method.
- We will freeze perishable products prior to shipping if they are not adversely effected. Insulation materials and cold packs will also be used as necessary.
- Seasonal (or unusual) weather and/or shipper delays are beyond our control and we cannot issue refunds or credits for product spoilage or damage caused by these conditions unless and until shipper pays such claim.
- Packages are generally shipped via UPS or USPS, but we reserve the right to use alternative methods/shippers. Please ensure your ship-to address is valid for all shippers and shipping methods.
- UPS operates Monday through Friday, holidays excepted, and does not pick up or deliver packages on weekends in most cases. ONLY BUSINESS DAYS are used in the shippers estimate of delivery date.
- SELECTION OF OVER-NIGHT, 2nd-DAY or 3rd-DAY SHIPPING METHODS ARE NOT A GUARANTEE OF REACHING A GIVEN DESTINATION BY A SPECIFIC DATE!
- We may hold shipping of orders that include perishables until the next available Monday or Tuesday. This is to reduce the chance that your perishable products might be held in a truck or warehouse over the weekend.
- Displayed Weights and Dimensions under “additional information” are for shipping purposes and include the product with its packaging or container, protective packaging and/or cold packs for perishables.
NOTE: Many products offered through our site have labels or instructions only in German or other non-English languages. Please check products carefully before you order. Returns will not be authorized because of language issues.
Price, product, packaging, pictures, descriptions, availability, shipping and handling are all subject to change without notice. All content displayed “as-is” without any claim, implied or expressed, as to accuracy and may be modified at any time without notice. Stock quantities are NOT displayed on-line.
RETURNS AND REFUND POLICY
Claims must be made within 24 hours of receiving product. Notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org providing: Order Number, Name, Email, Tracking number, as well as Date and Time Received. Provide a brief description of the problem. We will contact you within 1-3 business days. Any claim that involves physical damage to product requires that you keep all shipping containers and packaging materials until shipper has examined them or until German Gourmet notifies you.
Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) is required for all returns, no exceptions. We will advise you on any return requirements and method of return after a claim has been received. Customer will be responsible for return shipping costs unless, and until, a refund is granted. All returns must be packed in original containers with original materials and in such manner as to prevent damage.
Refunds will not be granted on the basis of personal dislike of an item you purchased or due to translation issues.
Refunds will not be granted for any price difference that may exist between our on-line store and our brick and mortar store. Prices may differ at any time for any reason, including specials or discounts that may be running on only one platform. There are no price guarantees offered at any time.
Refund amount, if any, will be determined by German Gourmet and must be made to the original purchasing credit card. Any refund issued is the final resolution to your claim. A refund issued for a part of a single shipment, or any portion of total shipment, will not invalidate remaining portion or part. A refund by German Gourmet will in no manner or form constitute admission of responsibility or liability in any future claim by any party.
A 30% restocking fee applies to any returned product(s) not found to be deficient as claimed or described.
German Gourmet is not responsible or liable for any loss-of-use, improper use, spoilage/melting of perishables, third-party claims, or any claim or loss arising from the use of this site or the purchase of any product from this site. All presentations are strictly “as-is” and are without any warranty or guarantee implied or expressed.
German Gourmet is committed to protecting your privacy. Our site is hosted on secure servers. Information that you provide when registering on this site may be used by us for the marketing of our promotional materials or updates relating to our products. Your contact details, email address and other personal information will not be passed knowingly to a third party.
Your Credit/Debit Card information will not be stored by us or on our computer. All On-Line Store transactions are processed through a secure internet merchant services provider identified elsewhere on our site.
Passwords are the property of registered users only and will not be disclosed to anyone. If you forget your password, you may request that it be sent to you via email to the email address which you registered.
“Cookies” are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser which enables the server to collect information from the browser. Cookies will be used for a number of purposes such as to enable us to simplify the login process for registered users, to help ensure the security and authenticity of registered users and to provide mechanisms for on-line ordering. While you do not need to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to browse much of our site; you must have cookies enabled if you wish to order on-line!
See your browser help menu to allow cookies, or adjust your security settings to allow cookies. Note that the use of “In Private” or “Incognito” browser settings will likely not allow cookies.